Discovery fees are growing faster than corporate sales and margins. The explosion in email and other electronically stored information (ESI) has severely impacted civil litigation and increased e-discovery fees.
The Client View:
Litigation is a business process with associated expenses. These expenses are spiraling out of control.
The Current Market model is expensive with poor results:
- ESI is not page based. The electronic page model doesn’t work—GGO provides native file review solutions to avoid costly document conversions and speed time to commence review.
- The ASP model is outdated. Hosting is expensive and assumes year 2000 economics, even though the cost of disk space and processing power has dropped dramatically. GGO created “electronic war rooms,” a concept that allows for a single (or multiple) matters to be hosted in the law firm, in the enterprise, or in another co-location facility. We “in-source” hosting to manage costs.
- Document Security can be managed. Loss of document control—placing your company’s most sensitive documents on Internet-based platforms—is less secure than using an in-sourced solution utilizing Digital WarRoom®.
- Avoid duplicating effort and associated fees. GGO can re-use attorney decisions, preserve privileged markings, and assist in the re-use of productions, even when the client destroys the native files associated with previous matters.
GGO provides services to Corporate General Counsel and litigators and M&A/Compliance practices. Our proprietary tools include Designate and Manage, components of the Digital WarRoom® Suite of e-discovery software. These software tools combined with our world class consulting teams provide efficient, secure, results-oriented, and highly effective discovery services.
- Rapid turn-around on hundreds or thousands of gigabytes.
- Cutting edge, royalty-free software, including Catalog, Manage, Designate, and Produce for document processing, review, production, and matter management.
- Secure document hosting using Digital WarRoom®, at a fraction of the cost of competitive offerings.
- Full service accountability from document acquisition and preservation through production.
GGO Focuses on the Needs of General Counsel:
Two-thirds of GGO’s work is for enterprise General Counsel or in support of government inquiries, Mergers and Acquisitions, and other types of due diligence for the enterprise. GGO measures our performance with a variety of metrics to ensure constant, incremental efficiency for the enterprise or law firm. Consulting and process design help reviewing attorneys be more efficient.
How GGO Manages Fees:
- GGO native file review: Avoid costly imaging fees; convert only those documents being produced in image format.
- In source hosting: Keep the review environment on site at your law firm or host it yourself.
- GGO tailors the work to the matter. We charge on an hourly basis with fee caps. Per page and per megabyte fees are not related to underlying costs. We do not have commission sales people.
- Deliver legal risk management options based on sophisticated database queries of metadata and key words early in the process, which allows timely elimination of grossly irrelevant documents.